Radiation Protection Consultancy Experts
How can we help you?
Radiation Protection Advisers (RPAs), or an approved RPA Body, must be consulted by organisations working with radioactive substances or radiation generators as to what they need to do to comply with The Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17).
- Radiation Protection Advisers (RPAs)
- Radioactive Waste Advisers (RWAs)
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers (DGSAs)
- Medical Physics Experts (MPEs)
- Corporate RPA Body
Aurora’s radiation protection consultancy teams will provide you with the specialised advice you need to comply with IRR17 and a wide range of other radiation protection legislation. We maintain a certified team of Radiation Protection Advisers (RPAs), Radioactive Waste Advisers (RWAs), Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers (DGSAs) and Medical Physics Experts (MPEs) who provide companies across all market sectors with the key radiation protection consultancy services required. Aurora is recognised as an RPA Body by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Director Capital & Estates • Medical Research Council
Organisations choose Aurora. Here’s why.
Not only do all our professionals meet the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) criteria of competence and have the necessary experience and expertise to advise on your organisation’s uses of radiation, but Aurora is also recognised as an RPA Body by the HSE. We are able to advise on a wide range of subjects. Typical topics on which Aurora RPAs are requested to provide advice on include the following:
- RPA appointments
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) notification of work
- Radiation risk assessments
- Contingency plans
- Training in radiation protection
- Restriction of exposure and keeping radiation doses as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Dose assessment and recording
- Radiological designation of areas and restriction on access
- Control and accountancy of radioactive substances
- Maintenance and examination of engineering controls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Local rules and safe systems of work
- Selection, calibration, and use of radiation monitoring equipment
- Leak testing sealed sources
In addition to providing RPA advice in accordance with IRR17, Aurora provides radiation protection consultancy services to help clients ensure compliance with other radiation specific legislation, including The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016, as Amended 2018 (EPR16), The Environmental Authorisations (Scotland) Regulations 2018, The Radiation Emergency Preparedness and Public Information Regulations 2019 (REPPIR), and the Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009 (CDG09), as amended.