Face to Face Training
Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) course
This one-day training course is designed for individuals who will be appointed as RPSs, or as a refresher for those already appointed in this role. The RPS training course has been designed to give the delegate a full understanding of the role and duties of the RPS.
- Management of ionising radiation safety
- Nature and properties of ionising radiation and with the units used in radiological protection
- Biological effects of ionising radiation and appreciation of the associated risks
- Difference between internal and external radiation hazards
- Importance of dose limits
- Role and duties of the RPS
- Different types of radiation monitoring equipment including when and when not to use them
- Requirements of the relevant radiation protection legislation
- Process of radiation risk assessments and implementation of contingency plans
Laser Safety Officer (LSO) course
This one day training course is designed for individuals who will be appointed as LSOs, or as a refresher for those already appointed to this role. It is our anticipation that on successful completion of this course the delegates will have obtained the required information and knowledge to carry out the role of LSO effectively.
- Basics of laser radiation
- Biological effects of laser radiation (including indirect effects)
- Effective laser safety management
- The role of the LSO
- Carrying out laser risk assessments
- Practical control measures (hierarchy of controls, including PPE)
- Incidents, accidents and contingency plans
- Legislation, standards, and guidance
Attendance on the course includes copies of all training materials and a certificate on completion of the end of course assessment. At our training facilities, lunch is provided in addition to refreshments throughout the day.
Radiation Safety Training
Book your place
Laser Safety Officers (LSOs)
Radiation Protection Supervisor
Prefer something more bespoke?
Need some help?
We can find the right training for you.
Terms & Conditions
The course fee quoted above is exclusive of VAT and per delegate. Attendance on the course may be purchased using the online booking system or by sending a purchase order to Aurora no later than two weeks before the course date.
However, payment must be received in full before attendance otherwise your place may be cancelled. If you cancel your booking more than one week before the course date, we will refund the course fee in full. If you cancel your booking with less than one week notice, your fee is not refundable. You may change a booking (i.e. change the delegate) at any time with no charge.
Our training material has been designed as an integral part of our training programme and solely for the benefit of delegates who have subscribed for our training. The material does not necessarily stand on its own and is not intended to be relied upon for giving specific advice. Furthermore, any comments made by our presenter will not constitute and must not be relied upon as advice.
To the extent permitted by law, neither Aurora Health Physics Services Limited nor its presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon training materials or presentation of the training or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the training course, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the training materials or presentation of the training.
Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
No part of the materials may be reproduced in any form without the prior permission of Aurora Health Physics Services Limited.