Happy 20th Birthday
Celebrating 20 years of providing radiation protection services and putting people first.
Happy 20th Birthday
Happy birthday; 20 years’ young today. It doesn’t seem like two minutes since the tiny two-person office and the first two clients. And here we are today with 21 great people always doing what’s best for our clients and most importantly looking after our people “PFA – People First Always”.
Taking a Look Back
- Radiologically cleared land and buildings ready for housing, business park, hospital and retail redevelopment, realising over £2.5 billion of value for our clients.
- Provided radiation protection consultancy services to hundreds of clients in all market sectors.
- Investment and innovation with our people, equipment and services.
Including PhD sponsorship, Gamma-Eye, Aurora Apps, AuroraRadMap (ARM), Aurora Harwell and mobile laboratories, online training, etc.
- Working with and supporting our Regulatory bodies including the Environment Agencies, and, the Health & Safety Executive.
- Designed and tested numerous radiation shielded facilities for the safe and effective use of radiation in the healthcare, research, academic, industry and nuclear sectors.
- Delivered training to thousands of users of ionising and non-ionising radiation.
- Supported and been active members in the key radiation protection organisations.
Including: The Society for Radiological Protection (SRP), Association of University Radiation Protection Officers (AURPO), Institute of Safety in Technology and Research (ISTR), International Isotope Society (IIS), Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM), and RPA2000.
Taking a Look Forward to the Next 20 Years.
- More of the above!!
- New recruits.
Our bespoke Radiation Survey system “AuroraRadMap” is getting an upgrade so that we can now deliver radiation surveys and mapping techniques for the inside of buildings.
- Aurora On-Demand Training.
We are already developing our radiation safety and awareness courses that are delivered online that people can complete in their own time.