Regulatory Position Statements have been published in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
These Regulatory Position Statements (RPSs) have been published by the Environment Agency (EA), Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) and Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) in response to holders of environmental permits, or operators of facilities (nuclear) having their usual radioactive substance management protocols being disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak.
Do the Regulatory Position Statements affect you?
- Accumulating radioactive waste that you cannot transfer because of COVID-19
- COVID-19 and exceeding permit limits for medical use of radioactive substances
- Reporting for installations, radioactive substances and waste permits
- Monitoring emissions from installations, radioactive substances and waste sites
- Management of high-activity sealed radioactive sources regulatory position
- Management of radioactive substances at nuclear sites regulatory position
- Radioactive substances for medical purposes regulatory position
- Emissions Monitoring for PPC permit (Installations & Waste) and Radioactive Substances Certificate holders
If you have any questions about the Regulatory Position Statements (RPSs) and how they will impact on your operations, please don’t hesitate to contact our expert team of Radioactive Waste Advisers. Alternatively, read more below about how Aurora helps our clients stay compliant with regulatory requirements, including the safe disposal of radioactive waste.
Aurora has industry-leading experience providing expert radiation protection advice on all areas of radiation safety, to all key market sectors.