Aurora’s On Demand Radiation Safety Training Goes Live!
Aurora is delighted to announce that its On Demand Training platform has launched!
“The fact that the course doesn’t require everyone from a company to be there on the same day at the same time is a real winner – stick them on the course, do it in their own time, less disruption to business.”
The platform is designed for those who require radiation safety training but need it to fit around their schedule so that they can learn at their own pace. Our training courses are presented in a modular format, allowing delegates the opportunity to work through a structured programme, while being able to re-visit topics in their own time and reinforce learning.
Our inaugural course is the Radiation Protection Awareness Course which is ideal for those working with ionising radiation, such as radioactive materials and x-rays. It can also be viewed by delegates who wish to better understand how radiation is used and managed in the workplace. The course focusses on the principles of radiation safety as well as the importance of complying with the legislative requirements in the UK.
We will soon be launching our Laser Safety Awareness Course, for users of lasers in the workplace, which will be available in November. Further courses will be added to our platform, including:
- Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) – January 2022
- Laser Safety Officer (LSO) – January 2022
- Laser Safety Calculations – March 2022
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Safety – April 2022
All materials have been produced by our qualified radiation protection experts, so that delegates access that vital ‘first hand’ knowledge from recognised professionals in the field of radiation protection. To find out more about our radiation protection professionals, please visit our About Us page.
Learn what you want, when you want.
- Delegates can pause and replay modules as many times as they’d like to digest the information
- Re-visit the training material and refresh your learning. Our training material will be accessible for a year after purchase.
- Our training covers both ionising and non-ionising radiations in the workplace
- Training material is produced and delivered by leading experts in the field of radiation safety
- Our training will be regularly updated so that all material remains productive, consistent, and relevant
- Reduces the pressure on delegates and employers: no commuting to a training venue, no travel and subsistence or overnight stays required for delegates, therefore, greener credentials
- Less pressure to produce and deliver in-house training to meet the legal requirements, let us do the work for you.
- Have the confidence knowing delegates have been assessed during a course and demonstrated understanding
It’s an exciting time for those who wish to develop their knowledge and adding the On Demand platform allows Aurora to provide training services in a flexible way to suit delegates. We appreciate that On Demand training is not for everyone, and some delegates would still prefer face to face or online taught training as having that expert in the ‘room’ is still vital. We will still be running our face to face and online taught courses. More information on our Training page.
A huge thank you to the Aurora Team who worked tirelessly to make this happen, as well as ADS Creative Solutions Limited who supported the Team in the development of the platform.