Defence And Aerospace
“Aurora gave us very clear & concise advice which helped us to navigate our way through the complex world of radiation legislation. Their professional & personable approach was invaluable in helping us to understand the risks & how to deal with them. I have no hesitation in recommending them.” First Base Limited
Defence And Aerospace
“Able has no hesitation in recommending Aurora to other organisations…” Able Instruments
The defence and aerospace sectors continue to use sources of ionising and non-ionising radiation as well as developing technologies to further advance military and aviation hardware containing radiation.
Because of the use of ionising and non-ionising radiation, it is a key responsibility of defence and aerospace companies to maintain the highest standards of radiation protection while at the same time maintaining their operational requirements.
Aurora has significant experience within these sectors, providing expert and confidential analysis of historical and new systems, whether to ensure staff safety or product compliance. Working with you, we can help to develop safe working practices and training materials that match the expectations of you and your clients.
- Radiation safety services to the Royal Navy dockyards including training, consultancy, emergency planning and support, peer review and safety assessment work
- Provision of radiation safety advice on the use of radiation generators for non-destructive testing
- Provision of non–ionising radiation safety advice and exposure assessments of sources of electromagnetic fields and optical radiation in the workplace
- Radiation safety services to airports including consultancy and training
- Radiation safety advice and training services to private defence organisations contracted to, or on behalf of, the Ministry of Defence
- Support to the corporate level of organisations managing work across defence and aerospace sites, including radiation protection advice and focussed training of senior management to help develop a robust radiation protection framework
- Radioactively contaminated land services for remediation and assessment of defence lands
Contact us about our work
To talk to us further about defence and aerospace radiation protection, get in touch below or call us on +44 1235 820049.